badge

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A letter to my mom...

A letter to my mom...


December 21st 2004,
Coimbatore...

Dear Mom, how are you? I miss you so much ma. Well, I am getting used to this hostel life. Exam preparations are going full-fledged and I am little nervous since it’s my first semester.

Done with “Complex Algebra” exam yesterday and it was pretty easy. Hostel life is best during semester exams. Students are studying till late night, which motivates me to stay late night for preparation. Tea and coffee is supplied till late night. :P

Ma, I observed few of my class mates are copying from other people and carrying bit papers to exam halls. I am tempted to do the same as I am worried that I would get marks less compared to them.

#YoursHonestly 
Deepika :) 
Love you always... 


 ♥                 


February 15th 2005 
Coimbatore
Hello Mom,
Life is good. We bunk the class yesterday and went to Surya’s movie. (With girls only).
In the last letter you said, I should never ever think of cheating not only in exams but anywhere in my life. You indeed said, “Be honest. That the only piece of advice that you would offer me anytime and anywhere.” But, you know honesty does not pay anything ma. Well, Exam results are out and I just scored 72 percentage in the first semester. All my friends, who cheated scored about 85%. I am really upset ma.

#YoursHonestly 
Deepika :) 
Love you always... 


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

March 3rd 2008,
Coimbatore. 
Mom, I am sorry that I am not able to write you often. Got busy with placement training's and project works. Just 6 more months to go, then college will get over. Mom, I just have 86 percentage and am little bothered that companies will give preference to students who have a better score. Remembering formulas were quite challenging and at times I thought of taking a short cut of carrying bit papers. But, I am not that brave to take bits to examination halls and hence never did cheating or copying. But, I feel bad now. If I had taken those short cuts, I must have had a good score now and it would have been helped.

#YoursHonestly 
Deepika :) 
Love you always... 



♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

June 10th 2008. 
Coimbatore

Mom, Good new. Yes, I got placed in IBM. In last letter, you did mention not to think or feel bad for not copying and my honesty will be rewarded in future. Indeed, I got angry and trashed the letter. But you are right ma. Those hard preparations and honesty helped a lot to crack my interview. The people who used the short cuts are not placed in any company yet as they were not technically strong. Honesty pays good returns. Love you always ma.

#YoursHonestly 
Deepika :) 
Love you always... 


♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥  ♥ 

August 30th 2008. 
Hyderabad. 

Ma, just reached Hyderabad ma. Training's just kicked off. Nisha and I are sharing the room and she is outstanding in cooking. Yesterday, we purchased groceries from a seller and I offered him 50 rupees note, as the bill was around Rs.42. The seller thought I gave him 100 Rs note and gave 58Rs in return. For a moment, I thought to zip my mouth and escape with the money. With 50Rs, I can have 2 ice-creams.
But in my entire life and in my college days, all your letters preached only one word. That is “BE HONEST”. Hence with hesitation and my dreams of having ice-cream getting melted, I gave him Rs.50 back informing that I gave him only fifty rupees. The seller was so happy. You are true ma, the smile and gratitude on his face brought a pleasure in myself and still I appreciated myself for that proud moment.
You always thought me only one valuable lesson. “Be honest in your life!!!”
Agreed ma. At times honesty may hurt us. But the feeling of being honest and its consequence is magnificent. I will teach my kids the same valuable lesson. Take care mom. Well, There is a surprise for you my with first salary. :)

#YoursHonestly 
Deepika :) 
Love you always... 





I am writing a letter about how a mother teaches honesty to her child with the Max Life Insurance i-genius #YoursHonestly activity in association with BlogAdda.

6 comments:

  1. " But, you know honesty does not pay anything ma. "

    It pays you in the form of (please read the next para ) :P

    "But the feeling of being honest and its consequence is magnificent. I will teach my kids the same valuable lesson."

    ReplyDelete
  2. " I thought to zip my mouth and escape with the money. With 50Rs, I can have 2 ice-creams." this was the real incident :P

    " Hence with hesitation and my dreams of having ice-cream getting melted, I gave him Rs.50 back informing that I gave him only fifty rupees. The seller was so happy. " this was fiction :P

    Am I right :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello.. I am basically a good kid :P

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh I thought you are grown up Still you are a kid huh ...;)

      Delete